A few years ago, I’d go after EVERY Real Estate Deal EVERYWHERE that I could! Singles, Condos, Multis, Commercial, Industrial and even Land!
and Robbie would say:
“You’re like Jack and the Beanstock, You go after single families and come back with Magic Beans!” (actually a 3 or 4 family investment property, killer deal;-)
The result – A lot of wasted time.
Mainly because there are different metrics to qualify these transactions as Good Deals. So Friday evening, at Kelly’s Roast Beef, let’s get focused!
By the Bye 2019 is almost half over and I’m way behind on my projects… This Focusing on Our Areas, Guidelines, Metrics and using Check Lists, WILL help!
I’ll share my Guidelines for those Singles (Flips, Wholesaling, Renting or You’re next Home), Condos (the easiest Flips), Multis (Condoing, if you can find ANYTHING to buy) & How I’ve been getting in front of Sellers! & using my ToolKit.
I look forward to see you Tomorrow evening 7-8:30pm at
Kelly’s Roast Beef, 165 Endicott Street, Danvers, MA 01923
No charge to Members, Only $5. for Guests, (tip for our waitstaff). Only $99/year to join MassRealEstate.net Light refreshments included.
PO Box 307
MARBLEHEAD, MA 01945
PS I’m around tomorrow to check your Home Depot, 4 discounts program with You and make sure you get everything coming to you! First make sure you’re still a current member! And we can make sure you’re signed up correctly.
PPS From John Jackson – 8 Ways to Market to Sellers:
- Pay wholesalers for the leads they throw away!
Wholesalers get a ton of leads that don’t have the equity they need. Have them send you their throw away leads, and the ones that you are able to lease option, you simply pay them a fee for that! Maybe $1,000 as an example.
- Call FSBO’s
- Call FRBO’s
- Send direct mail to listed houses (unless you are an agent)
- Send direct mail to absentee owners with LOW equity
- Skip trace absentee owners with LOW equity
- Hire bird dogs to find FSBO, FRBO and For Lease Houses
- Contact investors to lease purchase their houses
Simple huh? Then why isn’t it working? We’ll find out tomorrow!
PPPS 2 of our Banks are sending these messages
Your security is our top priority; take these steps to help fight fraud
- Help us get in touch with you:
- Keep your contact information up-to-date, especially your mobile number.
- Download the Mobile Banking app and turn on mobile app alerts. When we detect unusual activity, we’ll notify you; be sure to respond quickly to our security and fraud alerts.
- Review your account activity regularly and report suspicious activity promptly.
- Create a strong, unique password for each online sign-in – and use additional security features when available.
- Protect your devices by installing antivirus software and keeping your operating systems, applications and web browser up-to-date on your mobile phone, tablet and computer.
- Stay alert to online threats. Avoid clicking suspicious links or responding to emails or texts urging you to act quickly. Do not provide personal information like your account numbers, PIN or Social Security number.
Know how to identify and avoid scams
If you provide your information or send money to a scammer, there is often little we can do to help get your money back:
Never trust caller ID: Always validate a person’s organization by calling them back through an official phone number.
- Scammers may pose as government officials, law enforcement or even Bank of America employees to steal your personal information.
- Zelle® should only be used to send money to friends, family or others you trust and not to buy goods or services from people you don’t know.*
Know how to identify red flags. In many of the most common types of scams, you may be:
- Pressured to send money
- Threatened with law enforcement action
- Told to purchase gift cards and provide codes as a form of payment
- Asked to cash a check for a stranger
- Instructed to make a cash deposit for sweepstakes
- Offered more than you are asking for something with a request to send the overpayment elsewhere.
PPPPS (last one) We had Tom St Jean, THE Insurance guy in our area, speak to us last month. He mentioned how he has many callers who’ve had recent increases in their Premiums. I didn’t pay much attention. However, in the last week I’ve received 3 renewals that had increases. My Home up 6%, 3 Family in Marblehead, up 18%, 3 Family in Salem, up 10%. So if you’re getting Increases, it may be worth it to shop with Tom!