March 26, 2013 Loss Mitigation, Short Sales, REOS and Foreclosures.
April 30, 2013 David Lindahl, Apartment House Riches
(Email that just went out) Concerning February 26, 2013 6:30 – 9:00 PM “Meet the Contractors”
Good morning Fellow Real Estate Investors and Contractors,
Here’s a Quick Quiz you can take to determine whether you should join us tomorrow evening?
6:30 – 9:00 PM Networking, Buy/Sell, Refreshments, Brief demonstrations by Home Depot on their new Eagle-eye roof estimating software and their Construction Estimating system.
Tuesday February 26, 2013 Franklin American 300 Trade Center, Suite 5650, (5th floor above the Beacon Grill) Woburn, MA 01801
If you answer all questions correctly, you’ll probably generate business right there. If not you can learn form the Professional Contractors attending and be ready for your projects, with them!
No charge to current members, Only $25. for guests. Only $99/year to join. www.MassRealEstate.net PO Box 307, Marblehead, MA 01945 781-639-8616 office
See you there, Mike Hurney, Director 781-405-1845 cell
- 1. What’s the simplest method to prevent “ice dams”? Hint, why is it important for your Roof to be “vented”?
2. Which color shingles save you money? Which roof shingles are the best buy for your investment? When do you reroof? When do you strip the existing roof? If you miss this inexpensive “extra” your whole roofing job can be a waste of money, what is it? How can you eliminate mold/mildew when your roof still has life left in it?
3. Which siding is the most costly to repair? Clapboards, Wooden shakes, Aluminum siding, Vinyl siding, Brick, Stucco, Asbestos shingles
4. Which are the best windows to install in your home? In your rentals?
5. What safety item is now “Code” for your garage door? What is a 3 hour fire door and when do you need one?
- 6. Which paint finish is most effective on your interior walls, or your trim: Flat, Satin, Eggshell or Gloss?
7. Which item can inexpensively increase a rooms value and support your overall “WOW” factor?
8. What’s the price level that dictates whether you use Stainless Appliances and Granite counters in a kitchen?
- 9. What’s the least expensive “fix” for water in your basement? What’s the most expensive and often unnecessary fix for basement water?
- Plumbing; You should NEVER run heating or domestic water pipes, where? Every plumbing fixture needs a T_____________ and every T____________ needs a V_______________ and Why? When do you need Type MR (moisture resistant) sheetrock? Durabond?
11. Heating systems: Electric, Natural gas, #2 Fuel oil, Propane, Wood, Steam, Forced hot water, Gravity hot water, or Radiant. Which are the least expensive to install? Which are the least expensive to operate? In a gas conversion what two items should you have taken care of ASAP? When do you need Firecode sheet rock?
12. What are the 3 ways to air condition a home?
13. Which Electrical panel has caused the most fires? How do you cheaply correct this? What’s the easiest way to provide GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters)? How can you check your outlets for polarity?
- 14. What are the biggest mistakes you can make with landscaping and how do you easily avoid them?
Good luck, see you there, Mike