Good Morning [First Name],
1. Don’t lose this guys number: Paul 978-836-1529 He’s an Appliance repairman I’ve used for many years. He just installed a Garbage Disposer, Replaced a door gasket on an Apartment sized Dishwasher and took the vibration out of a Coin Operated Washer in an evening! And “He can leap Tall Buildings in a single bound” not really but He’s da man for any appliance problems. He’ll also tell you whether to Buy new or fix it, before he starts. Know why your Washer’s been taking longer for it’s cycle? Buildup of the “new” soaps that foam greater and clean less. Advice – Use less and run a short cycle with 2 cups of white vinegar. Garbage Disposer sound rough? Advice “sharpen” it with a few ice cubes and orange/lemon rinds!
Don’t forget to ask Paul for the MassRealEstate.net Members discount.
Quick 10 Things You Can Do Before the New Year for Your Business from our old pal Attorney Bill Bronchick of LegalWiz.com
Don’t slack, there’s plenty to get done before the end of the month!
.1. Clean up your Quickbooks. Make sure everything is entered correctly and reports print accurately. Hire a bookkeeper if you need help or try realestatetaxlaw.com for good Qbooks tools for real estate investors.
.2. Corporate Records in Order. You need an annual meeting of shareholders and directors documented with minutes in your corporate record book. While you’re at it, fix it for the last five years you didn’t do minutes! If you lent your company any money, document it with promissory notes.
.3. Design New Business Cards. Your cards are probably outdated and are lame anyway. Try vistaprint.com.
.4. Backup Your Computer. Try Mozypro.com or Carbonite.com.
.5. Make Offers on Bank Owned Properties. Banks are trying to clean house by year’s end, so make a closing date before Dec 31st and you will get their attention.
.6. Clean Up Your Office. A scanner is a very productive tool for this. Try NEAT or Fujitsu Scansnap.
.7. Clean Up Your Property Files. Make sure you’ve got deeds, leases, closing document, etc all in order for each of your properties.
.8. Send holiday Cards to Your Prospects. Let them know you are thinking of them so when you call in January they are more receptive.
.9. Make Your Christmas List Tax Deductible. Instead of your spouse buying you what you need, have your BUSINESS buy you that iPad or laptop.
.10. Start your 2012 Goals. Why wait to Jan 1st to do goals? Get that done NOW!
2. You may want to take a quick look at this? 9 Autumn Street, Lynn, MA. 2 Family $219,900. GMAC PurchasePower financing seems like a great deal to me! [email protected]
3. Interested in a 3 family for only $174,999. fully rented? RICH 617-968-0249
4. Affordable Housing Lottery, Application deadline 12/31 and the Lottery Date 1/16/2012!
5. Tuesday December 27, 2010 6:30 – 9:00 pm At the SpringHill Suites Hotel, 43 Newbury Street, Peabody, MA 01960 978-535-5000 FREE to members, only $25 for guests. $99/year ($8.25/meeting) for membership!
Year-end Tax Strategies – CFP Steve – The Single most expensive tax mistake of all. How to slash your audit risk (fly under the IRS radar). Powerful strategies for Real Estate “Flippers” and 10 more expensive Tax mistakes that cost property owners Thousands. There’s more to mileage expenses than you think Steve will cover this simple chart.
Staging for a quick sale or rental. Karen THE staging Expert will cover: What’s the least expensive technique with the biggest impact on your home? Where do buyers and renters look first? and how to pleasantly surprise them. Staging mistakes that will cost you needless money and time? 7 most important Staging techniques that work wonders for a quick sale. We’ll have Presentation boards, a Slide show and Handouts.
6. Movers and Shakers December 16, Denny’s of Danvers 152 Endicott Street, Danvers, MA 7-8:30 pm
7. Interested in Miami, FL deals? If you think there are bargains here in MA, wow for FL. I’m partnering with one of the largest RE firms in Miami and if you’re interested send me a quick email.
Tax Strategies, Staging, Refreshments, Miami, Networking and YOU December 27! Have a good weekend and I’ll see you soon, Friday12/16 7-8:30pm for Movers and Shakers? Mike
Massachusetts Real Estate Investors Association
PO Box 307
Marblehead, MA 01945