email that just went out 6/28/16 9:48am
Good morning, fellow Contractors, Landlords and Investors,
Leads, Collections & Contracts this evening 6/28 6:30pm
1. I just went through the RealeFlow system and with their LeadPipes found Peabody, MA has 789 properties that are free and clear. Now to market to them! We’ll have a short demonstration of RealeFlow at the meeting tonight!
2. Tip – Landlords – Always ask for the government issued picture ID of your Applicants and take a photo with your iPhone. It might save you from running that Application, especially if the ID address doesn’t match any of the residences listed on your Application. It may also save you from a Professional Tenant:-(
3. Tip – Landlords – Dan told me how he automatically sends his 26 questions to the responses he gets from his Craigslist apartment Ads. To avoid any problems with discrimination of the 7 HUD and 8 more Massachusetts protected classes I ran his questions by the Head of the Mass Commission of Discrimination (MCAD) and the Junkyard Dog of Eviction Attorneys. Their results are in our blogs and interesting.
I’m interested in how this is working out for you? We’ll demonstrate it again in a short segment this evening.
5. Speaker – Attorney Brian is back with his Collections advice. If you follow it, your chances of collecting ALL your payments (and extras) are very high. If you don’t follow his advice he’ll be glad to buy your contract/execution from you, if it’s high enough, for $.05/dollar. That’s 5 cents on the dollar value! Which is a strong incentive for you to learn how to do this right! He also claimed it only takes him 30 seconds to determine if it can be a successful collection….
6. Speaker – Is your Contract with a Contractor or Contractor with a Homeowner enforceable? What do you do when problems arise? Attorney David will cover Contracts A-Z, enforceable clauses, clauses that completely negate the entire contract (to avoid) and whether to resolve your issue in Court or with a Lien?
Remember your parents or a mentor, taught you Good Fences Make Good Neighbors? Well, we’ve found that Good Contracts Make Good Business Dealings. So let’s master these basics with David tonight, get it in writing and fully executed! He’ll also cover the right and wrong way to add “EXTRAS”! All the Contractors I’m meeting are working hard and that last payment is usually their Profit so let’s not leave it on the table!
7. Did you know there is usually ONE of every Partner or Service you would need to Find, Buy, Fix-up, Sell/Rent in attendance at every one of our meetings. We’ll also go through this tonight!
I look forward to see you tonight, Mike Hurney, Director MassRealEstate.net PO Box 307, Marblehead, MA Tuesday June 28, 2016 6:30pm at WorldDepot.net 47 Newbury Street (Route 1 North just before Sonic carhop) Peabody, MA 01960 No charge to members, only $25. for guests or only $99/year to join. Also light refreshments.
PS Don’t forget those hardwood floor deals with Keri at WorldDepot.net or just stop by and run a scenario by Angleo, the flooring expert!
PPS We’ll also get a rundown from Jason, the Kitchen Designer at WorldDepot.net on the 4 brackets of Kitchens they handle: $2,500. – $5,000. Entry level. $15,000. – $18,000. Semi Custom. $40,000. – $60,000. American Custom. & $100,000.+ Studio Becker. These prices do not include Appliances or Flooring. Remember the 10% rule?
PPPS David Lindahl at our July 26, 2016 meeting! a Do Not Miss event: Multi Family Investing. Then in August join us at Ultimate Partnering 8 in Boston. Last year two of our many members that attended UP7 were in the final three running for the Mercedes and won 2nd and 3rd place prizes. This year there’s a new BMW! Dave is presenting – Finding the Hot Markets and Financing to get ahead but focusing on getting past your three biggest roadblocks!
PPPPS Maybe Daniel will be back from Detroit with an update… for our July 26 meeting